01/29/08 - By Baby G

It’s an awesome beautiful day! Mommy stayed home a little later today. When Grace got here, she and I went for a stroll. We saw a few dogs and even some kids, but they were too big to play with me so we just smiled at each other. On the way back, I fell asleep. When we got back to the house I woke-up. Grace tried to get me back to sleep but it was no use so we played on the floor to work on my pull ups. Then, Grace put me in the crib to work on my roll over. Instead, I reached for the mobile and pulled it towards me. Down it went over my head. Good thing Grace was there to pull it up. She told daddy on me. She didn’t mean to get me in trouble but wanted to let him know so that he and mom can be careful when I’m in the crib. I thought: Yep, never under estimate the power of baby G. You never know what she’ll be able to do next. Daddy said they may take it down. I hope not. I really like that mobile. Besides, I won’t have anything to pull on!

Around 12:30 p.m. I got tired. Daddy rocked me to sleep. When I woke up, Grace gave me a bottle and sang me some songs in Spanish. They’re not real songs; we just make them up as we go. The important thing is the beat. Grace says that when I’m older she’ll teach me how to Salsa, a Latin dance. In the meantime, we got the rhythm down!

Around 2:00 p.m. I got tired again. Grace gave me a bottle and rocked me to sleep. Then, she sneaked in and cut my nails. She always does that! That’s ok though, I like having my nails short. It keeps me from scratching my face. When I woke up from my nap, I gave her a big thank you smile. We played and read some books. At 5:30 it was time for Grace to leave. I gave her another big smile. She could read my mind as I thought: I wonder what we’ll do tomorrow… It will be fun whatever it is because that’s Grace’s number one rule:fun, fun, fun.

No comments: