01/23/08 - By Baby G

When Grace got here, I was very happy and excited to see her. It was a very rainy day so we decided to stay home for the morning. We worked on my rollover skills again and read some more books. Then, I got tired and Grace rocked me to sleep. At around 11:30 Daddy woke me up to go to my doctor. Grace came with us. When we parked the car I had a great surprise, Mommy is here! “ goo, goo, gu, gu (Hi Mommy, I missed you and I’m so glad you’re here!).” I gave her a biiiiiiiiiig smile. She was happy to see me too.

We all walked to the doctor’s office. Grace and Dad took the stairs and Mommy and I took the elevator. After a long wait, we finely got to see the Nurse. She measures and weighs me while Mommy takes pictures. Soon Dr. Hamilton came in. I starred at him hoping my smile would persuade him into postponing the shots I was about to get.

Bla, bla, bla, these grown ups sure talk a lot. Did I hear solid food? Yeah, finally! Oh, I guess I’ll have to wait a little longer to get it. Mom puts me on the table and doctor Hamilton checks my eyes, legs and continues to ask lots of questions. Bla, bla, bla…..
Rolling over? Yea, I can do that! When Doctor Hamilton left the room, I showed them my new rollover trick. Mommy can’t believe it’s true! She puts me down again. Hooray, she cheers, she is so proud of me! Yeah, it’s oficial; I am a rollover baby now. You better watch out!

Daddy has to leave for an appointment. Soon the fun is over. It’s that nurse again and she brought in a tray with some needles. Mommy holds me in her arms and gets me into position. Ouuuuuuuch! Baaaaaaaaaaaa! This really hurts! The Nurse picks me up and rocks me while she sings some song saying that she loves me and this is good for me and that it will keep me from getting sick. Yeah, right, I think she does this because she feels so guilty. Mommy comforts me with a kiss and a bottle. Her voice is so sweet, I feel better now. Soon she puts me back on the table/bed, gets me dressed and we get ready to leave. Grace and I take the elevator and Mommy stays to make another appointment for me. We met downstairs. It’s raining again so we hurried to the car. On the way home, I fell asleep but woke up soon to be with Mommy a little longer before she had to leave.

Then, Daddy took me and we hanged out while Grace had her lunch. When she was done, she read me more books. Soon after, I got tired again. Grace gave me a warm bath, a bottle and rocked me to sleep. Twenty minutes later, I woke up crying. I had so much gas in my tummy! Grace picked me up and Daddy came to my rescue with some tummy ache medicine. Grace put me on the changing table and lifted my legs. Wow, what a relief, good thing we had lots of wipes to clean all this. Grace gives me a nice fresh diaper and rocks me to sleep again. It’s 5:45. Her day is done; Daddy takes over so that she can leave.

No comments: